Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default For Each Type mismatch

Any insight as to why the Enumerations for xlSheetType
don't seem to match what is in Help? In particular, both
the regular macro sheets and chart sheets return a type
of 3? And the xlDialogSheet type doesn't support the
Type property.

I'm not sure what an xlDialogSheet is (apparently if is a left-over from
Excel 5.0 which is before my time with Excel), so I cannot address that one.
Does anyone still use them?

As for your Help file question... let's be nice to Microsoft and simply say
that sometimes they are wrong.<g

I did notice that the Type for Macro and Chart sheets both evaluate to 3...
that is definitely confusing as they are obviously different things
completely. Sorry, I don't have insight as to why; but at least their
collections are independent and individually enumerable, so that leaves an
option to get around the problem.

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)