Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlotte E[_2_] Charlotte E[_2_] is offline

Default Change ActivePrinter?

It DOES set the printer correcly!

Yes, it loops through the Nexx, but works like this:

Say I want to set the active printer to "Adobe PDF", but I don't know on
which Nexx: it is located.
If I set it to "Adobe PDF on Ne99:" it will not do so, if the "Adobe PDF" is
on, say, Ne09.
So, by looping through the possible Ne numbers, I make sure the active
printer gets set no matter what Ne it is located on.

If the code ends on Ne00: when you run it, it is because the printer is
located on Ne00:

Anyway, it works by me, and then I'm happy :-)

CE

"GS" wrote in message ...
I don't see where this lets you set the actvie printer to any specific one
since it cycles through the entire loop changing the setting each
iteration. At the end the ActivePrinter is "Adobe PDF on NE99;".

I thought you were going to show us how you set the active printer to THE
one that actually exists, with only 4 lines of code!

What if "Adobe PDF on NE99;" isn't the PDF printer? Now what do you do?

--
Garry