Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default how to reshow userform after following a link

I have a userform (first tier) that calls another userform (second
tier), and the second tier userform has code associated with a
combobox that opens a link to another excel file in a new window.
After the the linked file is closed, I would like to return to the
calling userform (second tier) and have both the first tier and second
tier userforms again visible. I had it set up so that the hidden
userforms were reshown by the WorkBookActivate event code; that seemed
to work okay since the initial workbook became the active workbook
when the temporarily viewed worksheet was closed. But, I ran into a
problem with putting the code there, as that code runs too often for
me. Sometimes, when that workbook becomes the active workbook I don't
want the userforms to be displayed.

The sequence of events is basically:

display form1
display form 2

follow link to another excel file (but I don't see it if I don't hide
the two forms)

hide form2
hide form1

Exit sub

close linked file

return to initial workbook, but, forms are no longer visible; and I
want them to be restored automatically

Is there a way to reshow the forms after the linked file is closed? I
have not been able to use the WorkbookActivate event and I prefer not
to have to have any code in the linked files. I am hoping to have
something in the code like "be right back", and having it pick up
there, after the linked file is closed.

Thanks

Ken