Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Y/N and print job sequencer

Okay, I got your file. At first look I can see the complexity of your
task. In exploring it further I see how it works. I confess that I had
an issue with the UUT dropdown of items in SysList and so I converted
SysList's definition to a dynamic range so it only shows the entries in
the list and no blanks.<g

On MasterList:
Cell labeled 'System S/N' was named "SysList_Hdr" with local scope.
"SysList" RefersTo: was redefined to be a dynamic range as follows...

=OFFSET(MasterList!SysList_Hdr,1,0,COUNTA(MasterLi st!$A:$A)-1,1)

I might also add that there's way too much use of global scope for
defined names where local scope would be more prudent. Not criticizing
your work; just stating what's considered 'best practice' for
spreadsheet design by various leading Excel minds.<g

To solution:
My first Q is what criteria determines which cells get Y or N? I think
that should be the first thing to address since that's what controls
the shading. I'm thinking that changing the UUT could automate the Y/N
factor based on some lookup data.

My logic here is that the macro could cycle through SysList to update
UUT dropdown. This would update your panels with data and respective
shading. Then do a printout for each UUT.

The printout process could be for each individual set of panels (both
sheets) for 8 total, OR each set of panels could be copied to a dummy
(temp) sheet with pagebreaks inserted so there's only 1 printout. This
would happen in the background and so there would be no screen activity
until PrintPreview window displays prior to printout. (I like to
display PP so users can verify the print job, cancel if not what they
expected)

--
Garry