Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra is offline

Default Y/N and print job sequencer

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 03:33:37 -0400, GS wrote:

How are you highlighting? (Normal terminology suggest you select all
the cells. I suspect you mean shading the cells.)

Yes. I use a formula to make conditional formatting, which relies on
the value of the Y N cells.

Why are you skipping rows between panel sets?

Not all devices get removed from the box.

Why not keep the data
contiguous and just increase the first row's RowHeight? It would be
easier to program a solution if there were no blank rows between
panels.

What I can do is create an error routine to continue on the rows that
return an error on the range names that do not exists, and step onward.

Can you send me your workbook and some sample printouts in PDF format?

I can probably send the entire workbook to my mediafire archive, but I
may have to alter some data so that nothing specific as far as the
alpha/numbers is conveyed. It isn't critical data, but I can place
sample data in those locations, no problem.

The print jobs are set to one page wide by one page tall, so they
should look the same on most folks' systems.

It is an early work, so there are no instruction anywhere.

Essentially, I store all of the data for archival purposes, and the
print sheets are just lookups to that data.

So the panels all fill from a drop down box that allows one to select
the main box serial number. When you do that all the data auto fills.

My normal process is to set to Y the first two 'slots', and in panel 3
and 4 the next two, then print, then I set those back to N and set the
next four to Y and print the next sheet. I only have to do this about 8
times and it isn't hard, but I knew that I could likely easily automate
it. The big problem is that I do skip some slots and others never get
selected, but I did allow any given line to be selected for highlighting.

I could make a worksheet that is strictly the processing sheet where I
control the other sheets and their data. That way, I could array the
"selectors" sequentially, and even a simple macro recording session would
likely work. I would then remove my selectors from the print job sheets,
and place them on the management sheet.

I know I probably have an odd paradigm, and do things in an unorthodox
way, but I need feedback like that to evolve, so any comments are
appreciated.

gesansomATnetscapeDOTnet

xttp://www.mediafire.com/?9u5g91rq6tcdt5e

You have to change the xttp back to http.