Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cimjet[_3_] Cimjet[_3_] is offline

Default Copy/Paste_Value problem.

Hi Dave
I like your last suggestion "Value2" I'll keep it on file.
I'm using Joeu2004 last suggestion and it works great.
To answer your question Why can't you use pastespecial values?
Simply, I'm new to VBA, no experience and little practice, that's why I call on
you Guys help.
It's very much appreciated.
Thanks for your post.
Cimjet

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Why can't you use pastespecial values?

workSheets("invoice").range("b2").copy
worksheets("summary").range("A" & lastrow + 1).pastespecial _
paste:=xlpastevalues

Or just assign the value:
worksheets("summary").range("A" & lastrow + 1).value2 _
= workSheets("invoice").range("b2").value2

(.value2 is nice for dates and currency. And it doesn't hurt with other
types.)

On 04/01/2011 08:42, Cimjet wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm using this vba line to retrieve Values from one sheet but when the values
are formulas, they retrieve the formula instead of the value. I need to
convert
it to value and I can't seem to use Paste Special.

Lastrow = Sheets("Summary").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Sheets("Invoice").Range("B2").Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("Summary").Range("A" & Lastrow + 1)
Thank you
Cimjet

--
Dave Peterson