Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lewis Redmond Lewis Redmond is offline

Default Y/N and print job sequencer

Well? Anyone?

I have a workbook that has four identical "panels" (groups of cells) in
it (on one sheet) that track the serial number of a "box" of devices as
they get placed into individual boxes.

All the data in all the 'panels' (cell array) are identical and have
all the items in the box on the listing.

I print a single A size sheet print job that prints all four panels on
one sheet at one page by one page. That prints perfectly.

Off to the right of the cells, I have two columns beside each pair
(left to right, then down) of 'panels' spaced off to the right side winch
contain Y/N dropdown 'decision boxes'. One for each line entry in the
panels, so my columns are labeled "Panel 1", "Panel 2", etc. so that each
column controls one panel to its left.

As I set each control box to "Y", I have this set to cause the
appropriate line in each panel to become highlighted. This works
perfectly.

Currently, I highlight the first four entries by setting their control
boxes to "Y", then print it, then set them to the next four entries, and
turn the first four back to "N", and print again and so on.

I have to do this a few times to cycle through the 16 odd entries and
make them appear highlighted individually. Then, I cut up the print job
into the individual panels and paste each onto the box that matches the
item in it.

This all works perfectly

What I want to do is automate the "Y" / "N" setting changes and print
jobs so that I can "run" it and have all the pages print with a
sequential highlight selection on them, without me having to set each box
to yes, then no and manually print each four panel page.

The need:

So, essentially, I have two (broken) columns of "Y" / "N" drop down
boxes that are NOT row sequential, and I need a macro that steps through
each set of four, changing them to "Y" and "N" sequentially and stopping
to run a print session at each pair of set toggles.

So it would be a sequence of value set entries for each cell that gets
toggled, and a print run between each pair of Y/N toggles.

That doesn't seem to be a hard script to make. I am not, however, a VB
programmer. Could you help?