Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PJ Burke PJ Burke is offline

Default Making an estimate

I have Excel 2010 and i am trying to make an estimating program to coorespond with our products. I have been using a template that was provided by Excel 2010 and trying to incorporate our estimating program that we have had on Excel for a few years.
The problem I am having is with the description line on the estimate template. I have it set up so i can fill out a questionaire and after answering the questions then i have a static list of what i want in the description line and a value in the cell next to it that will change if that item is to be included in the estimate.
The chart looks like this:

A B

UT 4542.461
TT Rec 0
Hydraulic Motor 0
Vinyl Recessed Housing 852.5
GRO4000 Undertrack Retainers 350
GRO4100 Undertrack Retainers 0
DDO4000 Double Deck Retainers 0
Vinyl Liner Kit 0
Vertical Flush Mounted Tracks 0
Horizontal Flush Mounted Tracks 0
Top Track 0
Aluminum Lid 0
Adjustable Walk on Lid Brackets 1615
Installation of Brackets 275
Installation 1400

These are two different columns. In Column A the words are static and the values(column B) will change based on the questions that are answered. Basically I want everything that has a value 0 in column B to be on the estimate. I want the description line to show the words in column A that coorespond with column B without any spaces in between them. Different estimates will have a different number of line items so i want to only include the line items in the estimate that will be included in the quote.
I hope i am explaining it correctly. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.