Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jeff jeff is offline

Default 2 If/Then statements in 1 sub not working correctly

I have messed around with this for a couple days. This should be so
simple, but I can’t get it right.

When user hits the OK button, I want VBA to check the entry of
TextBox2 VS the range value of Base_Pay.
If the TextBox2 value is less, then execute 1 routine. If it’s more,
then a different routine. It won’t seem to recognize if its less, so
nothing happens. No error.

If I take out the top part (less than), and just leave in the If More
part, then it works fine. Why can’t I get the top section for If Less
to work? Is there something about the less than < sign VBA doesn’t
like? Do I need to make Declarations?
Note: TextBox1 shows current date.
Thanks for your help.
j.o.

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
'OK button

‘1st section checks to see if TextBox2 is less than
range Base_Pay

‘ ***I’ve tried this statement both ways, neither works***
'If Range("Base_Pay").Value (TextBox2.Value) Then
If (TextBox2.Value) < Range("Base_Pay").Value Then

Application.Goto Reference:="Account_1"
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveCell.Value = TextBox1.Value
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Select ‘Goes to Debt column
'ActiveCell.Value = Range("Base_Pay").Value - TextBox2.Value

Else ‘ I’ve tried this with and without Else part

' ***this section works fine if the top section is disabled***
If (TextBox2.Value) Range("Base_Pay").Value Then
Application.Goto Reference:="Account_1"
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveCell.Value = TextBox1.Value
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Select ‘Goes to Credit column
ActiveCell.Value = Range("Base_Pay").Value - TextBox2.Value

‘AllocatePay ‘ this is where it goes after performing routine above.
This works fine. I disabled this during testing.

End Sub