Gord Dibben

Arlene

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish(see Note: below). FileSave As
Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Note: to setup custom header and footer for each sheet in the template,
right-click on a sheet and "Select All Sheets".

Do your header/footer setup on the active sheet and will be done to all
sheets.

DO NOT FORGET to right-click and "ungroup sheets".

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or New button on Standard
Toolbar.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings. Footers for them will
have to be done manually(see Note: above) or via macro(see Chip Pearson
reference below).

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

If you want a macro to set headers/footers see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/headfoot.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:16:02 -0700, "Arlene T" <Arlene
wrote:

In Excel is there a way to have the file path print on all worksheets
created. I would like to set it up to automatically insert the file path on
all documents. I have done the header/footer set up but it only prints on
one page unless I set it up on each page separately.

Thanks