Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Donald Guillett Donald Guillett is offline

Default Open file and set numbers of decimal points

On Mar 15, 6:48*am, BlackSun wrote:
Hi,
it's not what I need unfortunately... I need that this action must be
automatic when I open _every_ file in excel.

Thanks again

Cheers BlackSun

On 15 Mar, 10:35, AB wrote:

Perhaps i'm oversimplifying things but how about formatting the cell
to 2 decimals?
right clickformat cellsNumberNumberDecimal Places=1
?
Bear in mind that this would affect only the way you 'see' the value
while the value will still as it was.- Hide quoted text -

The only thing I can recommend for all you won't like.
toolsoptionseditcheck fixed decimalsset to 1
Now when you enter 2 you will get .2, 22 - 2.2, 222=22.2, etc.