Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jorgen Bondesen Jorgen Bondesen is offline

Default Get line no from right click menu ("Cell")

Hi Dave.

Thanks, very usefull.
--
Best regards
Jorgen Bondesen

"Dave Peterson" skrev i en meddelelse
I'm not sure what you're doing where you'd need that many choices inside
the rightclick menu.

Maybe you could use the activecell.row or the row with the number of rows
in the first area of the selection????

But since you're using the .tag property, you could call the same RunMe
procedure and just decide based on that .tag of the button you clicked.

I don't know what data() does, so I just plopped in some text:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

Dim lCount As Long
Dim MyList As Variant
Dim lListCount As Long
Dim cBut As CommandBarButton

lListCount = 4

For lCount = 1 To lListCount
MyList = "runme " & lCount
Set cBut = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls _
.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, Temporary:=True)
With cBut
.Caption = MyList
.Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption ' msoButtonCaption
.FaceId = lCount + 50
'.SetFocus
.OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!RunMe"
.Tag = lCount
End With
Next lCount
End Sub

Sub RunMe()
With Application.CommandBars.ActionControl
'MsgBox .Caption & vbLf & .Tag
Select Case .Tag
Case Is <= 2
MsgBox "it's small"
Case Else
MsgBox "it's not small"
End Select
End With
End Sub

On 02/28/2011 11:22, Jorgen Bondesen wrote:
Hi NG

When I'm right clicking in a cell, I want my owen menu.
I can do this.
The menu depends on text in 5, 10 og 20 consecutive cells. I'm using the
text.

snip **** start

Dim lCount As Long
For lCount = 1 To lListCount
Dim MyList
MyList = data(lCount) '// text from cells

Dim cBut As CommandBarButton
Set cBut =
.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControl Button,
Temporary:=True)

With cBut
.Caption = MyList
.Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption ' msoButtonCaption
.FaceId = lCount + 50
.SetFocus
.OnAction = "RunMe"
.Tag = lCount
End With

snip **** end

When I'm clicking on e.g 3th line in right click menu ("Cell"), how can I
knew this, if I only have .OnAction = "RunMe"

If .OnAction = "RunMe_"& lCount then I must have aboute 30 macros or
trap
error, because I do not have any macro, and read trapinfo or macro name
and
number.

Perhaps and quite different approach?

--