Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zxcv[_2_] zxcv[_2_] is offline

Default password protect individual sheets

I see that I can password protect an entire workbook but is there a
way to protect individual sheets? That is, when a user tries to tab
onto one excel will prompt for a password before allowing it to open.
The reason for this is I have several sheets that different users will
update but they do not want others to see their data but there is also
a combination sheet that combines portions of their data so it would
be a real pain to do this in separate workbooks. I know I could do
something with the SelectionChange or with hiding sheets or by making
text white but I want something relatively bullet proof that a savvy
user would not be able to easily circumvent by simply unhiding a sheet
or changing colors.