Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gcotterl[_2_] gcotterl[_2_] is offline

Default Matching cells

On Jan 29, 7:37*pm, GS wrote:
gcotterl wrote :

On Jan 29, 4:48*pm, GS wrote:
gcotterl has brought this to us :

Yes, I want to have cells A that have a match in cells O to be lined
up in the same row. *(I tried describing this concept several ways
but *couldn't come up with the right words).

I ran ConditionalFormatting on $O:$O to place a border around each
dupe, and shading. There's lots!

The data appears to have unique values (ie: no dupes as far as I can
see) in each section. This means you won't have multiples of the same
value in the same section.

Both sections are sorted ascending. This would put the order of the 2nd
section as not sorted. Is this what you want? If so, I suggest to
locate (row position) 2nd section value in $A:$A, cut the cells in 2nd
section, insert (shift down) cut cells in 2nd section at found row
position.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

I don't know what you mean by "locate (row position) 2nd section value
in $A:$A, cut the cells in 2nd section, insert (shift down) cut cells
in 2nd section at found row
position".

You did say you want matching data in 2nd section to be on same row as
match in 1st section. That means the data in 2nd section has to be
repositioned to the same row as match in 1st section, right?

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc- Hide quoted text -

Right.