David McRitchie

Specifically you would install the macro in your personal.xls so
that it can be accessed from any workbook.

The subroutine is installed in a Standard Code Module, not a subroutine.

One of the advantages of referencing a web page is all of the
explanations that go with the code.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
Another advantage is revisions are easily made to a webpage.

This is an interesting thread -- I do not see the original message,
except as include in Rachel's reply,
nor does a thread with this subject appear in Google Groups, nor does the
url based on the message-id
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0microsoft.com
---
HTH,

"Rachel" wrote...
Create a macro named Upper_Case any time you need to change case select the
cells and run the macro.

Insert the following code in the sub routine:

Sub Upper_Case()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim Cell as Range
On Error Resume Next 'In case no cells in selection
For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

"formhelp" wrote:

In Word I know that we can change the font of an entire document from
lowercase to uppercase without having to re-type the document...is that
possible in Excel?