Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank[_29_] Frank[_29_] is offline

Default Why do I have to restart Excel when ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Addfails? Options

Hi Don:

Thanks for your message.

It looks like you used IBM as the ticker instead of blablabla. While I
have built workarounds to insure the ticker symbol is valid,
occasionally, a valid symbol will still fail. In this case, I have to
restart Excel to make a new query. Resume next does not solve the
problem.

I’ve uploaded the error message I get. I first used blablabla and then
IBM. The gif file is the IBM error.

http://www.gingins.info/error1.gif

To answer your question about why I do not use adjusted price, I’ve
uploaded another gif file which explain my logic: http://www.gingins.info/ibm.gif

Regards,