Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clif McIrvin[_3_] Clif McIrvin[_3_] is offline

Default Excel hangs

"EAB1977" wrote in message
All,

Can anyone tell me why Excel hangs? I THINK I'm doing everything
right, but Excel continues to hang and I can't figure out why (Access
code to Excel code).

Eric

Here's hoping someone else picks up on your question. You might
consider re-posting (ir it were me, I'd probably cross-post this one) to
comp.databases.ms-access or microsoft.public.access .... several of the
regulars over there are familiar with automating Excel from Access.

Have you set any breakpoints to see where Excell is hanging?
Does the process complete, never get started, hang somewhere in the
middle?

At a quick glance, I didn't see anything obvious.
One question I did have (but it may be that I'm simply not familiar with
the process that you are using) is the [ Set qdfTechReport = Nothing ]
at the end of your [ 'Generate query ] section.

I recently wrote some automation to create worksheets from Access, and
here's a link to the ng posting from Klatuu that got me started:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe2765e53b084

HTH!
--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)