Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional borders

Public Sub DrawBorders_R2()
Dim N As Long
Dim numRows As Long
Dim numStart As Long

numStart = 2 'Start row must be 2 or more.
numRows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.R ows.Count).Row

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range(Cells(numStart - 1, 1), Cells(numRows, 5)).Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
For N = numStart To numRows
If Cells(N, 3).Offset(1, 0).Value < Cells(N, 3).Value Then
With Cells(N, 1).Resize(1, 5).Borders(xlEdgeBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThick
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
End If
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware

..
..
..

"Slim Slender"
wrote in message
Jim,
Thanks for your reply. The endless loop problem is solved. However, I
cannot afford to clear all formatting because there is other
formatting in the table besides the thick borders. I have to be able
to remove and replace only the thick borders. Also, this code is
placing the borders across columns A thru G (7 columns, or 5 columns
from C) instead of just A thru C (total of 5 columns). Also, it is
affecting the header row. Can we make it start at row 2 and leave the
header row alone? Thanks again.