Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff[_2_] Harald Staff[_2_] is offline

Default Summing Criteria with Index - Match

"cardan" wrote in message

Hi Harald. Thank you for the quick response. The issue is the way I
present the data. I have 6 quarters of data (each 7000x50 table is in
different worksheets) represents a quarter and I need to show all
quarters side by side. I am skeptical of linking cells to a pivot
table. Are my concerns valid? Thanks again..

Hm yes. Multiple worksheets are not ideal for pivot tables, and linking
cells can be pretty awkward.
Would it be possible to gather data into a single sheets, with a Quarter
column added to it?

If not, =SUMIFS will sum by multiple criteria (Excel 2007 and up only)

Best wishes Harald