Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Excel MVP Don Guillett Excel MVP is offline

Default SUMIF with the criteria range

On Nov 13, 11:22*pm, Lado Kiknadze wrote:
I have problem to use formula SUMIF(RANGE, CRITERIA, RANGE)
I want to summarize range according to criteria which is range.
In my case Criteria is range A1:A5
I know that i can write formula in this way: =SUMIF(RANGE, A1, RANGE)
+SUMIF(RANGE, A2, RANGE)+SUMIF(RANGE, A3, RANGE)+SUMIF(RANGE, A4,
RANGE)+SUMIF(RANGE, A5, RANGE)

Can i write this formula in a easier way? sometimes i have criteria
range long list and i want to write compact formula. Can you help me?

where b1:b2 has your criteria. An ARRAY formula that must be entered
using ctrl+shift+enter

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1:A8,B1:B2,0))=FALSE,C1:C8, 0))