Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_5_] GS[_5_] is offline

Default Option buttons not responding

After serious thinking Clive wrote :
I've created a userform to be used as part of a survey. There will be
five questions each with five responses, represented by an option
button. I've grouped the option buttons via a group name and each
button is linked to a different worksheet cell.

By default, all linked cells are set to FALSE when the userform is
initialised or shown.

The problem is this: after the first button is selected, if another
button is selected it must be clicked twice to trult take effect. The
first click causes the first button to clear, the second click causes
the new button to show the black dot.

I had expected that selecting a second button would cause the first to
clear and the second to show the black dot all in one go.

To test, I created an identical userform in an empty workbook and it
behaved exactly as expected. I then exported the userform and imported
into the workbook where I truly wanted to use the userform and ...
back to the old behaviour.

Does this mean it's something to do with the workbook?

Any thoughs or suggestions on how I can stop this behaviour (which is
just about making the userform unusable) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clive

It's possible that the workbook has become corrupted. Try exporting all
its components to a new workbook and see if the problem ceases.

--
Garry