Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Heck Heck is offline

Default how to compare formula's values?

I have a few columns which contain formulas. These yield results that
I want to compare dynamically, cell by cell, not by copy and pasting,
but the identity operator, "=", does not recognize any of these cells
as equal even where their values are the same because the cells
actually contain various and different functions.

How can you compare the value of one cell to the value of another,
where both values are results of the formulas, without programming?
Can Excel do this?

The data (simplified)
Column A contains a binary value, either "w" or "q".
Column B contains a translation of the w or q to "B" or "A".
Column F's cells each contain a single character extracted from
another column's text, for example, with RIGHT(F1, 2).

The result
Column C's cells are supposed to contain a 1 if the results in the
corresponding cells in columns B and F are identical or a 0 if they
aren't.

Obviously, the cells in B and F contain formulas, not the resultant
values, so, how do I get Excel to compare the results, not the actual
contents of the cells? It does indeed work with actual values and I
figured (hoped) Excel would know what I want in this slightly more
complex case.

I looked fruitlessly for a syntax or a function that would translate
to value from formula. How do you do this simple operation?

Thanks.