Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Easy way to merge 5-6 columns

I have 5-6 lists of vocabulary words. I would like to merge them into
a single list without duplicates.

Is there an easy way to do this? I did a quick Internet search and
found a number of add-ins. This is a one-time task, so I'd rather not
install anything.

I could just paste each list onto the end of the previous one, then
sort, and manually delete duplicates. That would be slightly tedious.
The lists range from 500 to 5,000 words. I could write a macro to
delete the duplicatea, but that would take me most of a day with my
skills.

I was hoping there miught be some built-in Excel function that would
do most of the work.

I am using Excel 2007.

Second problem. After creating the merged list, I would then like to
create a column for each of the original tables with a check mark or
an "x" or even the actual word in each cell if that word was in that
list. Like this:

A B C D E F
1 Words 1 2 3 4 5
2 abbreviate X X