James Hamilton

Hi Roger,

Thanks again - I'll try it again at work and lete you know how it goes.

By the way, I added the "conditional sum" add in today, and that makes it
work and uses the { bracket at the start and end of the formula - never seen
that before. The only thing with that is that you can't amend the formula,
it's a strange one.

I would have thought that MS would have a function that allows more than one
condition in the SUMIF function.

Thanks,

James

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi James

" O ye of little faith ....!!!!"

Try it and see. If the data is as you say, then the formula given will
return the value 9.

Regards

Roger Govier

James Hamilton wrote:
Hi,

I picked up the mistake with the "orange" vs "oranges" ...... and I looked
up the sumproduct function at work today, and it appears to be a
multiplication function based on arrays. I want to SUM a column based on a
SUMIF of two columns - not sure if SUMPRODUCT would do this?

Thanks -

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Apologies James

I mistyped. It should be
=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$5="Orange"),--($C$2:$C$5="Blue"),$A$2:$A$5)

Ranges must be of equal size in sumproduct. I typed a 1 instead of 2 for the
range in column A and I typed "Oranges" instead of "Orange" for the
criterion in column B.

Must be time to get the coffee pot brewing again!!!

Regards

Roger Govier

James Hamilton wrote:

Sum product is not working..... coming up with "0".

Any other ideas?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi James

One way
=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$5="Oranges"),--($C$2:$C$5="Blue"),$A$1:$A$5)

Regards

Roger Govier

James Hamilton wrote:

Hi,

I want to do a SUMIF but on more than one condition. For example:

A B C
3 Apple Green
4 Orange Blue
4 Pear Yellow
5 Orange Blue
6 Orange Red

I want to sum the amounts in column A, based on column B and C. In this
case, sum the amounts in column A for Oranges in column B and Blue in Column
C.

Any help would be appreciated.

James