Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default Running Batch File from within Excel

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:20:02 -0700, Mike S wrote:

Apologies, CurDir works in VB6 but not VBA I test this in an Excel 2000
macro and it worked, so I think this may work for you:

Public Sub doin()
Dim path As String
ChDir "C:\From G Data\Data Files & Test Programs\Work Data"
path = CurDir
MsgBox path
End Sub

ChDir "G:\From G Data\Data Files & Test Programs\Work Data\"
ExecCmd "zipbatch.bat", 15, True, ""

Sorry for not testing before posting, I need to remember that there are
some differences between VB6 and VBA.

Mike - thanks for your trouble. I did say you were dealing with a
novice, and, to be honest, simply not using ampersands in folder names
is a much simpler solution for me!

But I do appreciate your time. Thanks again.

Chris.