Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zxcv[_2_] zxcv[_2_] is offline

Default AutoFit not working properly

That will eliminate the wrap issue but it will make my columns too
wide. I want them to be only as wide as the widest word.

On Aug 4, 9:39*am, "Jim Cone" wrote:
Set all columns to a width wider than the maximum and then do the autofit..
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon *USAhttp://tinyurl.com/ExtrasXL

.
.
.

"zxcv"
wrote in message
I can't use two rows. *This is part of a bigger issue. *There could be
more than 2 words too.

The minimum width try doesn't address the issue either and also is not
foolproof. *I want this to scale properly, not have an arbitrarily big
cell. *I don't want to waste space.

On Aug 3, 7:36 pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:

Use two rows for the header data.
-or-
Auto fit your columns then check that the width of each column is = a minimum width.

--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

.
.
.

"zxcv"
wrote in message
I have a cell formatted to wrap. I put in a value that is two words,
"Column plan". The row height is 25.50 so enough room for 2 lines in
the cell. If I make the column very narrow and then either double
click it or call a macro with Selection.Columns.AutoFit it only goes
to 5.57 wide and loses the "n" in column to the second line:

Colum
n plan

How can I get this to automatically size properly to look like:
Column
plan
?

In other words I want to do an AutoFit that will be as wide as my
widest word.
Note I am using Excel 2003 but my users could have other versions.