Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
prkhan56[_2_] prkhan56[_2_] is offline

Default Sum Columns with Specific Headings

Hello All

I am using XP/Office2003

I am trying to sum columns (including blanks) with specific Headings.

My headings are as follows starting in Column B, Row 4
Heading1, Heading2, Heading3,……..Heading11.

Heading numbers will increase/decrease for various reports.

In current report, I have recorded the following macro which sums
Column Heading9 and 10

Sub Macro3 ()
Range("J45").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-40]C:R[-1]C)"
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=0
Range("K45").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-40]C:R[-1]C)"
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=12
End Sub

The Heading names will change if there are fewer columns…but the text
will be same always.

I wish to have a macro which should look for the text eg “aaaa” and
“bbbb” and sum these columns.

Number of Rows will also vary. The macro should therefore look up for
the text “aaaa” and “bbbb” in Row 4 headings and sum up these two
columns (including blanks)

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Rashid Khan