Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272[_2_] ryguy7272[_2_] is offline

Default Check an a file; SharePoint

On Jul 24, 5:25*pm, ryguy7272 wrote:
On Jul 23, 2:18*pm, ryguy7272 wrote:

I’m following the example hehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx

Here’s my code:
' Determine if workbook can be checked in.
If Workbooks(SaveFile).CanCheckIn = True Then
Workbooks(SaveFile).CheckIn
MsgBox SaveFile & " has been checked in."
Else
MsgBox "This file cannot be checked in " & _
"at this time. *Please try again later."
End If

‘SaveFile’ is dimmed as a string; it is the name of my Excel file,
which comes from he
SaveFile = Left(imgElement.Title, 27)

I mouse-over the variable and see that the value is correct, but the
code fails on this line:
If Workbooks(SaveFile).CanCheckIn = True Then

SaveFile is checked out from SharePoint. *How come I can’t check it
in? *Do I need to fully qualify SaveFile with the path to SharePoint
so Excel knows WHERE to check the file in?

I’d appreciate any ideas with this.

Thanks!!
Ryan---

Ok, so I (kind of) got this working and I wanted to share my code for
the benefit of others. *This will save a file to SharePoint:
sPath = strpath & "/" & SaveFile
Dim sPathTemp As String
Set xlApp = New Excel.Application
xlApp.Visible = True
Set WB = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(sPath, , False)
xlApp.Workbooks.Application.CalculateFull
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
buildsavedest = sPath
xlApp.Workbooks(SaveFile).SaveAs buildsavedest
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

SaveFile is parsed, as such:
SaveFile = Left(imgElement.Title, 27)

That's simply the file that I'm saving.

The only thing that's I'm struggling with now is to be able to undo
the CheckOut Property (or set the CheckIn Property). *Does anyone know
how to do this???- Hide quoted text -

As it turns out, this seems to do the trick:
xlApp.Workbooks(SaveFile).SaveAs buildsavedest
xlApp.Workbooks(SaveFile).CheckIn SaveChanges:=True, _
Comments:=""

Hope this helps others…