Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George[_33_] George[_33_] is offline

Default How can I force a workbook to close?

Hi Ryan,

Run this code and enjoy.

Sub Macro1()
Windows("MainFile.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close
End Sub

On 22 Лип, 21:07, ryguy7272 wrote:
How can I force a workbook to close?

I run this code:
Â* Â*ThisWorkbook.EnableAutoRecover = False
Â* Â*ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
Â* Â*ThisWorkbook.Close

That triggers this:
If ThisWorkbook.name = "MainFile.xls" Then
Â* Â* Â* Â* Application.Quit

But that kills the whole Excel-application! Â*If I open Excel and then
goto Start Office Excel, I have 2 instances of Excel open. Â*I can
end one instance pretty easy. Â*However, if I have two workbooks open
within the SAME instance, Excel doesnt seem to be able to close one
file and keep the other open. Â*In fact, Excel opens several new files,
all named €˜MainFile.xls. Â*VERY ANNOYING!!!

How can I shut down any file named €˜MainFile.xls and keep other Excel
files open?

Thanks!
Ryan--