Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_5_] GS[_5_] is offline

Default Stop Auto Calculation Q

Seanie presented the following explanation :
Thanks Gary & Harald

Harald's code is effectively only 2 lines, does your code Gary do
things Harald's doesn't?

As Harald states, he only provided an answer to your Q about turning
calculation off. I understood your Q to be wanting to know how to speed
up your code, and so I provided a reusable solution that I use for that
purpose. It requires a single line of code within any proc to enable or
disable it. The usage example I gave shows this!

To complete my answer to this thread, my reusable proc also turns
ScreenUpdating on/off to further speed things up.

As for the code you posted to Harald's thread below, I'm not surprised
that the proc takes so long to complete. There's just way too much
activation, selection, and other unnecessary 'dot processing' going on
that takes an appreciable amount more time to execute. You might want
to streamline that code to be more efficient as I don't see any reason
why it couldn't be lightning fast given what you're trying to do with
it<IMO.

--
Garry