Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Excel MVP Don Guillett Excel MVP is offline

Default Copying 1 worksheet to new workbook with data and formats only

On Jul 16, 11:51*am, stac2410 wrote:
Good afternoon! I've searched around for an answer for this and can't seem to
*find either a situation similar enough to my own, or a solution that also
works
*for me.

*What I have is a workbook that has several sheets. *I have a sheet called
*"Reports" that has a button that is linked to a macro and it prompts
*the user for input (such as a name, Stacie), then performs an autofilter on
*sheet 1 for Stacie, then copies and pastes the data into another worksheet
*"Owner Report". * That part all works perfect. *The next step is
what
*I'm needing help with. *I need a macro (that will be called from the previous
*macro) that will do the following:

*1.) *Copy the Owner Report sheet

*2.) *Paste it into a new workbook with just values and formats (no formulas or
*links to other workbooks)

*3.) *Saves the new workbook on the users desktop using the worksheet name
*"Owner Report" then the criteria that was input - for example, this
*one would be called "Owner Report - Stacie.xls"

*4.) The original workbook makes the "Reports" sheet the active tab

*5.) *Minimizes the original workbook (but not closes)

*6.) *Makes the new workbook "Owner Report - Stacie.xls" the active
*window

*I've been trying to figure this out for days now with no solution yet, so any
*help at all is GREATLY appreciated, thanks so much!!

*Stacie

I would copy the sheet to a new book and then clean up whatever is
necessary

"If desired, send your file to dguillett @gmail.com I will only look
if:
4. You send before/after examples and expected results."