Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
curlydave curlydave is offline

Default wrong Hyperlink-Values

On Jul 7, 1:11*am, "Rainer Bielefeld" wrote:
Hi all,

I have a very strange effect with some Hyperlinks.

I've created a list of my DVDs and lets say in column B I'm saving hyperlinks to IMDB.
I'm opening this Hyperlinks in a macro (FollowHyperlink) but sometimes Excel opens the wrong site.

I've debugged the code and found out that Excel gives me a wrong Address for this hyperlink:

Sheets("Movies").Cells(1, 2).Hyperlinks(1).Address has a wrong value.

But if I move the mouse over Cell(1,2) the tooltip shows the correct address and then, if I run the macro again (without changing
something!!! I've just moved the mouse over the cell!!!), everything goes fine and Excel opens the correct site.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

* Rainer

If you change the Name in B1, the HyperLink code would have to run
again to get the correct address.