Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking down a combobox

I've never seen that .text property break using this.

You may want to try again or post more details.

On 06/25/2010 06:28, IanC wrote:
Thanks Dave. fmStyleDropDownList appears to be just what I needed.

The only drawback is that I need to rewrite some of my code. When I select
this, the Text property becomes invalid. I currently have "Select" appearing
in each ComboBox to prompt the user and some code that looks for the absence
of this to enable a command button (ie each ComboBox must have an option
selected for the OK button to be enabled).

I'm sure I'll find a way round it.

--
Ian
--

"Dave wrote in message
Is this a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar (if it's on a a
worksheet) or a combobox on a userform (inside the VBE)?

If yes, then look at the .Style property of that combobox.

On 06/25/2010 04:44, IanC wrote:
Is there a way to allow a combobox entry to be selected from a list, but
disable any option to enter text manually?

I know I can set the MatchRequired property to ensure that any text must
match an item in the list, but this still allows typing to be done. I
suspect I could use a ListBox, but I want the drop-down list to appear.

Any thoughts?

--
Ian

Dave Peterson