Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
andreashermle andreashermle is offline

Default Vertical lookup with a lookup value that returns multiple matches

Dear Experts:

I would like to perform a vertical lookup with a lookup value that has
multiple matches.
I know that the VLOOKUP function is designed to return only the
corresponding value of the first instance of a lookup value. I would
like to get a work-around that identifies multiple
matches
Example: In cases where the lookup value (Number of Points) occurs
several times, I would like to return all the results for this lookup
value e.g.:
Points Name
2 Smith
1 Gordon
3 John
2 Holten

Looking up '2 Points' should result in:
Smith
Holten

The result should list the corresponding values in one cell with
manual line breaks (ALT+Enter)
I hope this is feasible. Thank you very much in advance for your
professional help.
Regards, Andreas