Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Ravenswood James Ravenswood is offline

Default AutoFill without sequential order

On Jun 11, 2:15*am, lancejularbal wrote:
Hello,
*I'd like to copy B1:B3 then autofill it till the last row of column A without
*the number sequence. Here's my code, I don't know what variables to change or
*add. Still new at this.

*Sub Step2Add_New_Column()
*'
*' Step2Add_New_Column Macro
*'

*'

*Dim LR As Integer

*Columns("B:B").Select
*Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
*Range("B1").Select
*ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "direct"
*Range("B2").Select
*ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "indirect1"
*Range("B3").Select
*ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "indirect2"
*LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
*Range("B1:B3").Select
*Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("B1:B" & LR)
*Range("B1:B" & LR).Select
*Selection.Copy
*Application.CutCopyMode = False

*With Selection
*.HorizontalAlignment = xlRight
*.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
*.WrapText = False
*.Orientation = 0
*.AddIndent = False
*.IndentLevel = 0
*.ShrinkToFit = False
*.ReadingOrder = xlContext
*.MergeCells = False
*End With

*End Sub

*Thanks for your time in advance!

Say we start with:
1 abc
2 def
3 ghi
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

in cols A & B

This tiny macro:

Sub BringDownThree()
n = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Range("B1:B3").Copy Range("B4:B" & n)
End Sub

will copy the B cells downward, producing:

1 abc
2 def
3 ghi
4 abc