Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kay Kay is offline

Default Referencing conditional format is another workbookHI

Joel,

I understand that technique, but that does not fulfill this requirement.
The summary worksheet is a much higher level report where a cell would
conditionally format if any cell in the previous worksheet has that color.
As an example. If Product A is within a certain range it might turn red, but
Product B,C,D are either yellow or green. Red must show in the summary sheet.

I hope this makes the requirements clearer and your continued input is
appreciated.

"Kay" wrote:

HI all,

I hope someone can help me come up with code that will conditionally format
a summary sheet(scorecard) based on the conditional formats in another
workbook. I used Excel driven conditional formatting in my main data sheet
which works great, but the problem is with the final scorecard.

The summary is really a scorecard and only needs color indicators. So when
I sell products in a country each product has allowable market targets.(high
and low). The conditional formatting is easy to do in the database
worksheet. The requirements of the scorecard are such that if any one
product is red in the database, the metric in the scorecard is flagged with
red , if there are no reds but there is a yellow, it flags yellow, etc.

Any ideas would be very appreciated.