Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Just a test

Maybe it's a reprieve from the governor? <vbg

I didn't see any notification, but my guess (and it's only a guess) is that
sometime when you're refreshing the list of messages or posting a message
directly to the MSServers, it'll fail.

That will serve as the prior notification that you want <I crack me up!.

ps.

I'm not sure when (or if) other newsservers will stop carrying the
microsoft.public.* newsgroups, but until they do, you may want to check the
traffic there.

I've signed up for 3 free (I'm cheap) newsservers.
news.aioe.org (some limits, like: 25 posts per day))
news.eternal-september.org (http://www.eternal-september.org to read about it)
news.albasani.net

I know I had to register with the bottom two. I don't remember with aioe.org
(it's been a long time).

But the community bridge by Jochen Kalmbach works pretty darn nice!
Ron de Bruin has some notes he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/nntpbridge.htm

If you can use a newsreader (are you blocked at work???), you may not notice too
much of a difference!

"T. Valko" wrote:

You would think that MS would have been more specific as to when they're
going to stop supporting these ngs (what time of day?)

How will we know when the "plug has been pulled" ? Will we just get a "can
not connect to server" message? Will we be able to connect to the server but
just won't be able to post?

Here's the url to the web interface for the ngs that I sometimes use:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities.../default.aspx?

Can you see any kind of announcement on that page that tells us the ngs are
about to close and provides a link to the new forums?

I'm beginning to think that MS can't do anything right.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Just testing to see if I can post to MS Servers.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson