Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen_Ford Stephen_Ford is offline

Default Need VB code to edit cell values

It's always worth another try... :-)
Yes that's it exactly

"Helmut Meukel" wrote in message
Seems my answer didn't make it to the group, this is the second try.
(just changed the befoer value of the StartCell to XXX,
seems M$ gets offended by x_y_z_ without the underscores)

I agree with Rick, I don't quite understand what you want to do.
As Don wrote, you should provide examples of how your data
looks before and how it should be after.
That's how I understand it:
LeftCell StartCell
befo ABCDE XXX
after: AB CDE

Is that what you want?

Helmut.

"Stephen Ford" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet)

Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell)
In the cell to the left..
ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars)
Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3
chars present)
In StartCell..
value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell)
move active cell one down from StartCell