Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kev - Radio Man Kev - Radio Man is offline

Default Help - Need a Macro/Popup to Find a Date in a Sheet.

OssieMac,

Thanks for your reply.
You are basicly correct, sorry for not explaining fully.

1. Button to clcik to open a data entry box.
2. Search through column A to locate the date, if present.
3. If the date is found, display the row data centre of the screen so I can
see the data above and below this row.

I use the sheet to log employee leave data, AL, sick etc. In some cases the
request is for months ahead, currently I have to scroll down to the requested
date.
I am trying to find a quicker way to get to the row I want to see.
Soemtimes I need to see dates prior to the current date if there is a
dispute with leave.

Hope this help explain my situation?

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Kev,

Not sure that I understand correctly so lets try to confirm the spec for
what you require. Does the following describe what you require?

Steps:
1. User Clicks a command button that will then display an InputBox.
2. User enters a date in the InputBox.
3. System finds and selects the cell containing the date.
4. If the entered date is not found, what do you want the code to do?

If above is not correct then try to explain the steps you require using the
above format.

OssieMac