Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ZipCurs ZipCurs is offline

Default Indirectly referring to a variable

Hello Tim Williams,

Your recommendation works great. The only addition is to use

d.item("SnowShoe")= NewValue

to make "SnowShoe" behave like a variable and be able to call it by
assembling the name. Thanks.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Where/how is the variable "SnowShoe" defined ?

If you really want to map data this way then you might use (eg) a
dictionary object

'**********************
dim d as object
set d=createobject("scripting.dictionary")
d.add "SnowShoe", 20
d.add "RainShoe", 10
Msgbox d.Item("Snow" & "Shoe") '20
'**********************

Tim

On May 28, 8:32 am, ZipCurs wrote:
Hello,

This is probably easy ... or impossible, but I cannot figure out how to do
this. I want to assembly a variable name in code, and then get that
variable. Separate parts of my macro tell me my prefix is "Snow" and my
suffix is "Shoe". How to I get the value of "SnowShoe"? I have a lot of
these variables. The following does not work:

VariableIWant="Snow" & "Shoe"
NumberINeed=5+VariableIWant

I ended up with a bunch of If statements. Effective but not too elegant.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

.