Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns

'One more time...
'---
Sub ColorColumns_R1()
'Jim Cone - Portland, Oregon USA - May 2010
'Shades every other column in used range (skips hidden columns).
'Uses specified RGB color for the shade color.
Dim bColor As Boolean
Dim Rng As Range
Dim N As Long
Dim C As Long

C = RGB(204, 204, 100) '<<< change to please
Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone

For N = 1 To Rng.Columns.Count
If Rng.Columns(N).Hidden Then
'skip
ElseIf Not bColor Then
Rng.Columns(N).Interior.Color = C
bColor = True
Else
bColor = False
End If
Next 'N
Set Rng = Nothing
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
Review of 'Special Sort' Excel add-in at...
http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html

"andreashermle"
wrote in message...
Hi Jim,
great, thank you very much for your professional help. It works as
desired. There is one thing I would like to ask you.
How would this code have to be changed if I wanted to use RGB values
as cell fill (such as RGB (224, 224, 224))

Regards, Andreas