Gord Dibben

David

Ricjettsjt changed the Excel.xlb file to Excel.abc to build a new one because
it appears the old one was corrupt.

Since Excel built a new *.xlb file and Rickettsjt is happy, he(she) can just
delete the Excel.abc file.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:54:45 -0400, "David McRitchie"
wrote:

If I am seeing this correctly you changed the file extension. A file .extension
of .xls is used by the system to indicate that Excel should open the file.
The file types are set in My Computer (explorer), Tools, Folder options, file types.

---
HTH,

"Rickettsjt" wrote in message ...
Thanks again , Jim It worked. Do I have to do anything else with changing
that file name .abc

TJ

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Might be a corrupt toolbar file. With Excel closed go to this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

and rename the file EXCEL.XLB to something else like Excel.abc and then see
if Excel will start.

--
Jim