Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Isis[_2_] Isis[_2_] is offline

Default Still need help with a code reference problem - Excel 2002 XP

aflatoon wrote in
:

You should be able to use syntax like:

Code:
--------------------

With Sheets("Timesheet").buttons("Button 21")
.Height = 20
.Width = 40
End With

--------------------

for example.

I found it purely because I was looking for it! It's the only thing I
know of that would cause the symptoms you were describing, so I wrote
some code to output the names and locations of every button on the
sheet.

The code does not actually exist any more. The buttons had macros
assigned to them, but the macros have since been removed. It's an
occasional oddity that can occur with buttons and protected sheets -
usually seems to happen due to deleting cells that the button was
located in.

Isis;731903 Wrote:

aflatoon wrote in
:

Sheets("Timesheet").buttons("Button 21").delete

aflatoon, thanks very much for taking the time to find this.

If I may ask a couple of questions;

Can I just enlarge this button so I can see it ? I cannot seem to find
the code syntax to do that.

How did you find the button ?

Why doesn't the code on the button how up anywhere in teh code or

macro
editors ?

Trying to learn something here :-)

Thanks for the help

aflatoon,

Thanks very much for spending the time to help - I appreciate it.

The Protect/Unprotect thing is a lot more complicated that one might like
but I will have to get to grips with it if the worksheet is gong to be an
use to the poeple who need to use it - one step nearer !

Regards