Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] NoSpam@aol.com is offline

Default Addins attached only to selected workbook(s)??

Using Excel 2003 I have written a set of macros that is used with workbooks
with a lot of hand entered data. Right now the macros need frequent
updates as more features are added. To facilitate providing updates, I
felt it was necessary to separate the code from the data so that the user
didn't have to do anything when the code was upgraded.

To accomplish this, I created an addin containing the macros. Now I just
email the new addin and users are good to go. The problem is that the
addin is automatically attached to every workbook I open and there are a
number of reasons that is not good.

Is there any way I can have the addin attached only to selected workbooks?
- OR-
Is there a way other than using addins to effectively separate the code
from the data so that the code can be updated independently of the data?

Thanks for any help.