Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Isis[_2_] Isis[_2_] is offline

Default Non existent code reference problem

?B?RXJpY0c=?= wrote in
:

This code does not work for me (in 2007) due to the fact that the
sheet is protected:

Sheet4.Range("AP1:AP" & LastRowNewData).AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=Sheet4.Range("A" & 48), _
Unique:=True

If I wrap it in an Unprotect/Protect set, as below, it works fine.
Try this before continuing to investigate the mystery of the missing
code.

Sheet4.Unprotect

Sheet4.Range("AP1:AP" & LastRowNewData).AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=Sheet4.Range("A" & 48), _
Unique:=True

Sheet4.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowFormattingCells:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowDeletingColumns:=True,
AllowDeletingRows _
:=True, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True

HTH,

Eric

"Isis" wrote:

I have a sheet that seems to get 'stuck' calling a block of non
existent code - it happens after I clear the sheet then click any of
a number of cells.

It has something to do with protection as it does not happen if I
unprotect the sheet - obviously noone is going to be able to pinpoint
this from a short description !

How can I find the reference to the the non existent code block in my
code - I have done a 'find' within the code but I am not seeing it ?

Any other ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks
.

Per and Eric, thanks very much for checking this out for me - I will
insert the code to protect and unprotect the sheet and see what happens
tomorrow - still don't understand the reference to the nonexistent code
but mayber that is unimportant.

Regards