Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AB[_2_] AB[_2_] is offline

Default Protection

Not sure if i got your question right but how about
toolsprotectionprotect workbook?
Doesn't it do what you want?

On May 24, 5:03*pm, "Jim Berglund" wrote:
I just built an applet and want others to be able to use it. Essentially,
when you press the RUN button, *it automatically opens 3 files located on
the users' desktop, based upon the answers he provides in two input boxes,
reformats, *manipulates the data, eliminates unwanted data and then presents
the data to the user in a form he can use.

I only want the user to be able to input the two data elements, and use the
RUN button - nothing else. I don't even want the applet to be re-saved with
the new data shown - although I'd like him to be able to copy the processed
data into another file.

Is this possible? How can I do this?

Jim Berglund