Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default how do i fill cells with random color?

Try something like

Sub AAA()
Dim Colors As Variant
Dim N As Long
Dim C As Long
Colors = Array(3, 4, 5, 6, 29)
For N = 1 To 10
C = Colors(Int((UBound(Colors) - LBound(Colors) + 1) * _
Rnd + LBound(Colors)))
Cells(N, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = C
Next N
End Sub

Change the values within the Array function to the color index values
you want to choose from. The code within the loop picks a random value
from the values within the Colors array and assigns it to a cell.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:35:03 -0700, honeybee129
wrote:

This works if you just want a random color of the first 5 colors in the color
index list, but if I wanted a radom color out of a specific 5 colors how
could I adapt this? The 5 color indexes I want a 3,4,5,6, and 29.

"N10" wrote:

"Casey" wrote in message
I am trying to fill a grid of equal sized cells with random colors, or
colors
attached to a random number. I can fill the grid with random numbers
easily
enough, it's the colors i want.
Thanx....Casey

Hi Casey