Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nitesh nitesh is offline

Default Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro

I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem.

One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which Ill update my graph and the data is
available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is
that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the
file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from
which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I
was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls).

Query :

Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its open
B.xls and I select month from drop down update the Pivot table and its shows
the message €śB.xls has been updated€ť, then it is open another excel file
C.xls and same Ill do and then again its popup the message €śC.xls has been
updated€ť and came back to my main file A.xls.

Im sorry if I placed wrong title of my query.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards