Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy range if column N is empty

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm learning a
lot from your posts,

I am glad you are able to get some useful ideas and techniques from the
postings I provide on these newsgroups and that you are able to incorporate
them in your own work. Given that, you will probably find the approach I
used in my last posting back to the OP of some interest.

Since you find my postings instructive in some small ways, I just want to
give you a heads up that there is a chance I will cease my volunteer efforts
starting in October. I have a strong feeling that I will not have my MVP
status renewed when it comes up for renewal in October. I'm sure you, as
well as others, question what my having MVP status would have to do with my
continuing to volunteer answering questions on newsgroups which, of course,
I can do with or without the MVP recognition. This is true, but my
volunteering efforts take up a lot of my time... time I could be using to
pursue some of my many other interests. So, you will probably ask, why don't
I just stop now? The MVP award is given for activities performed in the year
prior to its being awarded. This has never made sense to me... after being
given the honor of being able to sign myself as an MVP, there is no
obligation to continuing doing a "good job" afterwards. Well, I have an
internal "something" that won't let me do that. I figure that if I have been
given the honor of being able to sign myself as an MVP, then I should
continue trying to perform at the same level that won me the honor in the
first place. So, while this is not Microsoft's position, I **personally**
consider receiving the honor as binding on me to continue performing at the
same level (or better) as I did the year before. If I should not be
re-awarded in October, as I suspect will probably happen, then I will
consider myself free of this "self-imposed" obligation and this, in return,
would allow me to pursue those other activities I have put off for, oh, some
eight years now. If I am re-awarded, then I'll be back as active as ever;
but if I am not re-awarded, then I won't. As I said, just a heads up in case
you need it.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)