Orrutility secretary

Default greater than or lesser than formulas

This is simple, I'm sure but I cannot get this formula: I have a row of
figures ranging from 1.00 thru 6.00. All I want to do is start with the
first cell and determine if the range is between 1:00 but less than<2.00, if
it is add the row across for all cells that this range is applicable to,
otherwise "0". next cell between ?2:00 but less than <3.00 etc, etc. I can
get the formula to work with just one range - but for the life of me can't
get it work with a varied range.
My formula is =SUMIF(C9:Z9,""<2,C9:Z9). Help!